work ), take notes W r i t i n g
The goal of this assignment is to provide you with the opportunity to apply and think critically about the issues of adulthood and aging.
Step 1: Interview
Choose an adult to interview regarding the issues of adulthood and aging.
- The adult must be in an age group that is late adulthood (60 years and above)
- The adult may a relative if you can be professional, complete, and unemotional in your discussion of issues with them
- You must ask and obtain the adult’s permission to be interviewed and to be the subject of your paper. Refer to your interviewee by first name only in your paper, you may change this name to protect confidentiality if you wish.
- This should be an in-person interview. Do not email questions to an adult; you must engage in conversation for this project.
Prepare questions for the interview that cover one of the basic areas of adulthood and aging covered in this course and interview the adult. You must turn in a copy of your interview questions with your paper.
- Your questions should cover cognitive development (e.g., intelligence, memory, postformal thought, morality, gains & losses, work),
- Take notes on your session during or right after the interview
Please make at least 8-10 questions.
Step 2: Critical Thought Paper/Biography
Write a thoughtful, comprehensive paper regarding your interviewee’s experience of adulthood
- Provide demographic information about your interviewee (e.g., age, gender, occupation, race/ethnicity, relationship status, parental status, etc).
- Provide information about your chosen area of development as experienced by this person
- Compare and contrast his/her experiences and ideas to the normative development we have discussed in class
- How is culture important to an individual course of development? Did you observe anything about faith/spiritual development in adulthood? How did the person’s specific context influence the normative course of development?
- Conclude with what you have learned about adulthood that is unique to individuals. How can you use the scientific information presented in class to learn about and understand yourself and others?
- I’m attaching the pdf of the chapter that covers this topic. PLEASE REFER TO THE CHAPTER when making questions and answering them. PLEASE CITE AND USE THE CHAPTER AS THE SOURCE for this assignment. Use information and terminologies from the chapter.