week 3 adaptive activity adaptive coach B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Wk 3 Assignments:
Week 3 – Interactive Activity
Interactive Scenario: Risks and Rewards
In order to be successful in this week’s scenario, be sure you carefully review the instructions for the Week 3 assignment, as well the resources, required deliverables, and due dates for this week. Be sure to get started on the work in the Adaptive Coach as soon as possible after finishing the scenario.
As you saw in last week’s meeting, things can go sideways quickly. Keep your focus!
This activity should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Week 3 Adaptive Activity
Adaptive Coach: Calculating Financial Returns and Reviewing Capital Constraints
As you have probably noticed, the interactive coaching sessions are becoming increasingly complex as the concepts for your assignments become more varied and complex. For your own benefit, be sure to get started on this coaching session as soon as possible after completing your interactive scenario on Day 1 of this week so you are not rushed in the creation of your draft for submission to your mentor by Day 3. Your daily work in this class is not only meant to help you to be successful here, but also in any work you do in the business world.
This week’s adaptive coach will cover how to determine capital structure and to measure risk and return – concepts central to your assignment this week. In order to be successful in this exercise and to earn the maximum number of points, be sure to engage with the required textbook chapters for this week.
Week 3 – Video Exchange Activity
Mentorship Exchange: Financial Returns and Capital Constraints
This mentorship exchange provides you with an opportunity to receive one-on-one guidance and support from your instructor/mentor. Each week you will be creating and talking through a draft of the weekly assignment in video format through the Canvas platform.
Please follow the instructions below and be sure to check the gradebook on Day 5 of the week to retrieve your feedback and incorporate it into the revision(s) of your draft for your final assignment submission.
You are invited to carefully review the Grading Rubric the document for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your exchange.
Week 3 – Assignment
Financial Returns and Capital Constraints
Be sure to review the instructor mentorship video for this assignment in the gradebook and note the specific feedback provided by your instructor/mentor prior to beginning your revisions for this assignment. Review the elements from the textbook.You may also revisit the required the Adaptive Coach materials as necessary. You may review the full set of requirements for the final project in order to see how this fits into the finished report.
In order to be successful, companies must leverage their spending in ways that will add to their value and propel them in the marketplace. In this portion of your report you will use the skills and content you mastered in your Adaptive Coach this week, to analyze the business conditions and begin to create the big financial picture of how the chosen company is spending their money and managing their investments in the future value of their organization through purchases and research and development.
Need Help Now?
Struggling? Click the tutoring button below to get immediate help with content related questions or issues.
Download the Week 3 Guidance for additional help.
Include the following content in this section.
- Formulate the expected financial returns and associated risks by completing the following calculations.
- Calculate the Return on Equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
- Calculate the Constant Growth Stock Valuation (CGSV) and compare it to the current stock price.
- Research your company’s industry and evaluate what type(s) of capital constraints your company must consider in order to be competitive in the market. Explain the appropriate financial techniques that would be used in this evaluation.
The Financial Returns and Capital Constraints
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two industry or scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.