thousand museums across 70 countries H u m a n i t i e s
PLEASE DONT PLAGIARIZE
Option 2: Create and Curate Your Own Art Museum
This is an alternative option to visiting a museum or art gallery. For this option, select and curate 5–10 works of art to include in your own art museum. Use your textbook and online sources to help you find these works of art. A good resource for this assignment is the Google Arts and Culture website from the Google Cultural Institute. Here you can immerse yourself in cultural experiences across art, history and wonders of the world—from more than a thousand museums across 70 countries.Write a 2–3 page report of 500–750 words that describes your experience.
- Select a minimum of 5–10 works of art by 5–10 different artists from different time periods discussed in the text, from the 18th century to modern times.
- Clearly identify the location of the museum and your initial reaction when exploring the artwork in the online museum or gallery.
- Provide a description and summary of at least 5–10 works of art by 5–10 different artists.
- Include a screenshot of each piece.
- Explain your initial reaction to the artwork you selected and explain why you chose each piece.
- Describe the role of museum founder and curator.
- Use the class text as a reference (additional sources are fine but not necessary unless required by your content). Your report should include connections you make between things observed in your activity and things learned in the course and text.
Note: The same rubric will be used for both options. In one section of the rubric, you are graded on your discussion of the role of the founder and curator of the museum. For Option 1, you will likely find this information on the museum website or in museum materials. For Option 2, the roles of museum founder and curator are held by you.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Review the rubric to see how your assignment will be graded on answer quality, logic and organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Describe historical works of art, including their displays and locations.