sway ®). environmental pollution key wordsair pollutionconventional pollutantscriteria pollutantsambient airpoint sourcefugitive source emissionsnonpoint source emissionsprimary pollutantshazardous air pollutants B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
In the Wk 1 – Environmental Impact Matrix assignment, you analyzed the life cycle of a common product, and you now have an idea of the impact an ordinary purchase can have on the environment. In this week’s assignment, you will further discuss the environmental impact of the product you selected.
Refer to your completed Environmental Impact Matrix and write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you explain your findings.
Address the following in your paper:
- What impact does the product have on the environment? Consider the materials/processes that must be used to deliver the product to the consumer.
- Describe how individual choices and/or behavior contribute to or diminish environmental sustainability.
- How can you or your community reduce your impact on the environment as it relates to this product?
Use at least 1 outside reference.
Perform an internet search to identify an instance of environmental pollution in your state. Use the example you found and the imaginary scenario provided below to complete the assignment.
Scenario: There is a concern about environmental pollution in your state or community. Because of your expertise as an environmental scientist, you have been invited to be a panelist at a town hall meeting in which you will present an overview of the issue. The audience consists of community leaders, members of the scientific community, and some local residents.
Create a 5-to 8-slide presentation (Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Prezi, or Sway®) in which you explain the problem from a scientific perspective.
Address the following in your presentation:
- What are the scientific factors that are causing the issue?
- How is the issue identified? Describe the data associated with the problem.
- What solutions or opportunities should be explored to address the issue further?
- Incorporate relevant key words from the Environmental Pollution Key Terms document.
Use at least 2 outside references.
Format your presentation and references according to APA guidelines.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by visual presentations (Microsoft®PowerPoint®, Prezi, or Sway®).
Environmental Pollution Key Words
- Conventional pollutants
- Criteria pollutants
- Ambient air
- Point source
- Fugitive source emissions
- Nonpoint source emissions
- Primary pollutants
- Hazardous air pollutants (HAPs)
- Residence time
- Water table
- Zone of aeration
- Zone of saturation
- Recharge zone
- Point sources/nonpoint sources
- Cultural eutrophication