• scientist • detective • manager H e a l t h M e d i c a l
1. Create a professional mission statement (suggested length of 1 paragraph) that includes the following elements:
• a representation of your nursing career goals, aspirations, and how you want to move forward with your career as a case manager nurse.
• an overview of where you would like to focus your time and energies within the profession
a. Reflect on how your professional mission statement will help guide you throughout your nursing career.
2. Complete a professional summary (suggested length of 3–4 pages) that includes the following:
d. Explain how your coursework helped you meet each of the nine nursing program outcomes.
Nine Nursing Program Outcomes:
1.Communicate effectively in oral, written, interpersonal and electronic modes.
2.Use clinical reasoning to provide safe, quality, nursing care based on the best available evidence and ethical principles
3.Assume accountability for providing and ensuring safe, efficient, quality care congruent with ethical, professional and legal standards
4.Synthesize theoretical, clinical and empirical knowledge from nursing, scientific, community and humanistic disciplines within the practice of nursing. Synthesizes theoretical and empirical knowledge drawing from the arts and sciences to understand the human experience as a social advocate, and professional nurse.
5.Provide compassionate, patient-centered care to individuals, families, and communities from a variety of cultures across the lifespan.
6.Apply leadership and education skills to engage others in creating and promoting a healing environment for continued self‐improvement.
7.Engage in inter-professional collaboration to improve safety and quality of healthcare.
8.Incorporate knowledge of genomics and genethics into the care of patients, families and communities.
9.Use information technology to communicate, mitigate error and make decisions related to the provision of patient care and support incorporation of nursing knowledge in the development of patient care technology.
e. Analyze how you fulfilled the following roles during your program:
• manager of the healing environment
f. Discuss how you have grown professionally since the beginning of the nursing program.
Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized