right new hire typically B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Kforce, Inc. is a top professional staffing agency. They have been
selected to assist the Mayo Clinic in hiring a system-wide CIO (chief
information officer) due to the difficulty the human resources division
has had trying to fill this job.
There is a purpose for using outside agencies, such as employment
agencies, search firms, and other third party recruiters. These helpers
assist the company, for a fee, to find enough special candidates to
select the right new hire typically for a hard-to-fill opening or
high-level opening. Using an agency is outsourcing some of the staffing
process. As such, the human resources person or a top manager works
closely with the agency to provide the search consultant with all needed
information about the job opening so that the headhunter can conduct a
concise search and deliver the most qualified and interested people to
After reading this case study, conduct independent research to help
support your paper. Describe the benefits of the external recruitment
process from both the employer side and the search consultant side. Then
in a 2 – 3 page paper address the following:
- Provide an overview of the search firm function
- Identify the 3 key issues involved in performing this type of search
- Explain how headhunting works.
- Describe the difference between retained search and contingency search; which would be best for this case opening?
- How will the headhunter find applicants?
- What will the headhunter do to convince the applicants they are perfect for the job to get their interest in being considered?
- Your conclusion on the value of headhunting
- Be sure to use APA style with at least two sources cited
Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please
remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of
the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an
underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the
date. An example is shown below: