reviewed journal articles government reports key reports landmark publications W r i t i n g
This assignment is worth 40 points.
Assignment #2: Literature Review: For a comprehensive review of learning strategies, go to: The University of Kansas: Center on Research Learning
Additionally go to:
Search the following modules for additional information on strategies, differentiation for instruction, accommodations, etc.
Disability, differentiation for instruction, content area instruction, reading, literacy, language arts, mathematics, MTTS/RTI, learning strategies and transition. Under each category look at the modules, the video vignettes, the fact sheets, activities, resources etc. for a plethora of information.
The purpose of this assignment is to build a current research-based literature review on learning strategies in an area of your choice: reading, mathematics, written language, social skills or study skills, with references.
You will provide a summary of the research gathered from the articles selected. Research, compile and react to a minimum of five (5) research articles related to evidenced based learning strategies that support students with exceptional learning needs in the curricular experiences for students.
Examples include educational approaches for students with learning disabilities in reading, i.e., direct instruction. Self-monitoring skills for students with ADHD, for help in staying on task etc. Follow through on strategies identified there for a more thorough look at specific strategies
These articles must be either:
- Recent peer-reviewed journal articles
- Government reports
- Key reports
- Landmark publications
Your dossier will include the following:
- An introduction with a description of the topic related to a specific evidenced based learning strategies that you selected, including comments on the reason for selecting the topic and its relevance to teacher leaders.
- Review your research articles and provide a summary about each selection. Include a reflective commentary indicating the perspectives highlighted by each selection. Comment on the points discussed as well as new ideas or views on the topic you selected.
- Conclusion: add concluding comments on the topic. Provide a narrative describing the main findings gathered through the review of the articles and documents about the topic and how it informs your practices as a teacher of students with special needs either in a special education placement or as a general education teacher supporting differentiation for learning for all students.
- References: include a reference list following Nova APA 6th guidelines.
- Please always use the rubric in the syllabus as a guide
Rubric guideline to follow with this assignment:
Research articles-Candidate compiled a minimum of five research articles related to global perspectives in education.
Description of topic –Candidate provided a detailed description of the topic related to a global issue and its relevance to teacher leadership.
Summary –Candidate provided a quality summary including a reflective commentary about five research articles selected.
Concluding comment- Candidate provided a detailed narrative describing the main findings about the topic gathered through the articles and how it informs practices for teacher leaders.
Grammar and APA –There are no spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors. Citations and reference list adheres to APA 6th guidelines and contains no errors.