profilesoffender profilingvictim profilingequivocal death profilingdna profilingcrime scene profilinggeographical profilingparaphilia profilingdescribe L a w
Assignment 2: Paper
Approaches to Psychological Profiling
For the Unit 4 Assignment, write a 4–5 page informative essay on the approaches to psychological profiling. In your essay, include the following.
- Identify and describe four or more types of profiles. Different profiles might include the following; however, they do not need to be limited to the list below.
Types of Profiles
- Offender profiling
- Victim profiling
- Equivocal death profiling
- DNA profiling
- Crime scene profiling
- Geographical profiling
- Paraphilia profiling
- Describe how a thorough psychological profile can be created. For example, Offender Profiling is a collection of information by law enforcement agencies, which in turn is translated into a general description of a specific type of person that might commit a certain crime. Combining Offender Profiling with Victim Profiling, personality and behavioral characteristics of the victim can be tied to a certain type of offender. When you combine both strategies, you will produce a stronger profile.
- Provide an example of each profile used and show how they can be combined, using inductive reasoning, to produce a psychological profile. Inductive reasoning will take multiple thoughts to combine a specific conclusion.
NOTE: This Assignment will require outside research. Use at least two credible sources beyond the text material and discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used. You may consult the Library, the internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria.
- Length should be 4 to 5 pages, excluding cover page and references page.
- Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date.
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Writing should be well ordered , logical and unified , as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Use double-space and Arial or Times New Roman in 12 point font size.
- Use examples to support your discussion.
- Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format and citation style. For more information on APA guidelines, go to APA Style Central located in Academic Tools.