please )? https :// www B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
1. Summarize why football (soccer) is “the most important of the least important things”? What is meant by this and why is it important according to the article? What are your thoughts on this?
2. Reflect upon the current state of sport and COVID-19. Based on the continued evolution of sport (or lack thereof) within this pandemic, how do you view the role of sport at varying levels (professional, amateur, collegiate, youth, recreational, etc.) during the time of a pandemic (you may interpret this question as you please)?
4. Archive (2 parts) – European football (soccer) leagues were some of the earliest to return to play after the stoppage of professional sports due to COVID-19. Indeed, the German Bundesliga acted as the early pioneers of a return to play. This was followed by other European leagues (such as the English Premier League). For part 1 of this archive, find articles, videos, data, etc. that detail the plans and the areas of success/failures when these leagues re-started [choose one specific league]. Be specific about elements of their plans and actions taken. PROVIDE LINKS
The U.S. has also seen a wide variety of re-start plans for its major sporting leagues. We had MLS teams removed from the MLS is Back tournament due to positive COVID tests, MLB has had a rough time of a restart (to put it mildly), and some NCAA conferences have completely cancelled all fall sports (ex. the Big Ten; the Pac 12). For part 2 of your archive, detail the plans of ONE of the major sporting leagues that has actually returned to action in the U.S. Where were their successes? Where were their failures? Be specific about elements of their plans and actions taken. PROVIDE LINKS
5. In your own words, what is sport for development and peace (SDP)? What are its objectives? What is your personal opinion of this (positive and negative)?
6. In your opinion, can an SDP program influence large-scale changes, such as peace-building (for example with Israel and Palestine)?