paper shall include :– general information W r i t i n g
- Web-Based Research Paper:
- Each student is required to write a web-research paper that is somewhat different than any other she/he may have written in the past.
- The subject of this research paper shall be two noteworthy* Operations and Supply Chain Management (OM & SCM) practices of a company chosen by the student.
- The chosen company must be large enough and/or unique enough to have been subject of prior published research and reports.
- The two chosen noteworthy* OM & SCM strategies / practices shall be related to those covered in this class.
- The paper shall have a Cover Page (five lines only) and a References Page (min. 5 independent references).
- The paper must be well written in paragraph format and should be both spell-checked and “clarity-checked.”
- The body of this consolidated paper should only be one-page, single spaced with 12-point font (papers longer or shorter than one page will be penalized). It should include a short paragraph identifying the company’s name, description of the business, primary goods/services, and why you selected this particular company.
- The body of the paper shall include the two noteworthy* topics which must be extensively researched, analysis and concisely consolidated in two to four paragraphs.
- The body of the paper shall also include three (3) well-thought-out questions that could be ask if the student had an interview with the company. These questions must be intriguing, succinct, reflective of student’s intelligence, knowledge of OM & SCM, and student’s acquired information about the company’s operations.
- Detailed requirements of the paper are outlined in the first lecture’s PowerPoint, posted on Blackboard.
* [Noteworthy, as in Outstanding or Remarkable; OM & SCM strategies and practices that are different from the company’s competitors.
e.g., Disney’s Forecasting Strategy and Sustainability Strategies are superior to their competitors and are
“noteworthy” for a research paper.
e.g., Walmart’s Supply Chain Management Strategy and Inventory Management are “noteworthy.”]
The body of the paper shall be one-page, single spaced with 12-point font (papers longer or shorter will lose points).
The one-page body of the paper shall include:
–General information about the company (e.g., Business Description, primary goods / services, why company was selected).
–Two Noteworthy OM & SCM practices of the company.
–Three (3) questions you would ask if you were in a job interview with the company.