list five published references using american anthropological association style W r i t i n g
FORMAL ANALYSIS ESSAY OUTLINE
Write on a separate sheet of paper
in 14pt. script, double spaced, Times New Roman Font
0. (0 points) Your Name/ Date/ Course Title.
1. (2 points) Essay Title. Add a subtitle if needed. Have this subtitle in some way allude to your thesis argument. For instance: Egypt’s Most Famous Cross Dresser: Analyzing the Kingly Garb of Queen Hatshepsut.
2. (5 points) Thesis Statement: 2-6 sentences about your organizing principle or viewpoint on the object and delivered with some conviction-this is NOT the subject of the essay, it is your take or narrowed focus of inquiry on the subject (what new idea or clear approach, question are you going to teach, charm, inspire, convince your reader of?).
3. (5 points) List Ten Bullet Points (full sentences not single word descriptions) of Pure Descriptive Detail detailing the characteristics of the art work. DESCRIBE THE ARTWORK. These points are without value judgments, analysis, or interpretation (paint, texture, pose, surface, line patterns, axis, inscription, graphic registers, drapery, iconography, color. costume, style, etc.). BE SPECIFIC DO NOT GIVE GENERALIZED POINTS.
4. (5 points) List Five Interpretive Bullet Points (full sentences), each connected to strong evidence linking back to your thesis argument.
5. (3 points) on 1-2 separate pages, at least two clear photos/drawings showing sharp, primary details of what is to be analyzed (i.e. front/side, back/front, top/bottom, left right). Incomplete (not showing the entire object) fuzzy or pixilated photos will be given 0 credit. Each photo must have a proper attribution citation on the same page (citations of photos from online sources are OK but NO posting of hyperlinks! Citations with hyperlinks to webpages will not be given credit.)
6. (5 points) List five Published References using American Anthropological Association style (AAA) citations. Citations must be in alphabetical order by author and relevant to your specific topic and need to come from sources you actually plan to cite. NO posting of hyperlinks! Citations with hyperlinks will not be given credit.