least 5 sentences per paragraph ), reflect W r i t i n g
Non-text Based Essay Assignment Sheet: Personal Narrative
10% of Semester Grade
This assignment will assess the following Student Learning Outcomes and Core Objectives:
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual and collaborative writing processes (ACGM).
- Develop ideas with appropriate support and attribution (ACGM).
- Write in a style appropriate to audience and purpose (ACGM).
- Critical Thinking: Creative thinking, innovation, inquiry, and the analysis, evaluation, and synthesis of information (THECB).
- Communication: Effective written, oral, and visual communication (THECB).
- Use personal experience and general knowledge to develop a main purpose in essay.
- Write according to length and format instructions: 750+ words, double spaced with 1-inch margins, and typed in 12pt. font Times New Roman, plus a Works Cited page.
- Actively engage in peer-review sessions and use peers’ feedback, together with my comments to revise, essay.
- Apply Edited American English.
- Submit final draft in a properly formatted word document to the proper location on Eagle Online by the scheduled due date.
Write Personal Narrative Essay about a past experience that helped shape your outlook or inspired personal growth. In a 5 paragraph essay (at least 5 sentences per paragraph), reflect on your chosen experience by answering the following questions. (750+ Words)
For this assignment, students will need to:
- Write about one specific experience that changed how you acted, thought, or felt.
- Use the experience as a springboard for reflection.
- Do not merely tell an interesting story but to show your readers the importance and influence the experience has had on you.
- Students will need to turn in an outline
When beginning, you might want to ask yourself:
- Did you ever have a long-held belief or assumption shattered?
- Can you trace the change to one event or a series of events?
- Is there a particular experience that you observed that has had a profound influence on your life?
- Is there a person that who has greatly influenced you?
- Is there a decision that you had to make, or a challenge or an obstacle that you faced?