labour allocation records show B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
A construction company wins the tender to build a multi storey office block which is to be the new headquarters of a large organisation. The basement of the multi storey office block is to be constructed of in-situ reinforced concrete, while the frame is to be structural steelwork (See section 1.0 in attached project brief for details of construction). As the manager for the construction company in charge of planning the above project to the nearest 0.5 days , you are required to carry out the following:
- Assemble a Gantt chart no.1 for the construction of the substructure and frame for the above office block (assume all activities are sequential eg the whole base slab has to be completed to be able to start work on walls).
- Create a resource aggregation chart no.1 for the project.
- By means of another Gantt chart no. 2 and resource aggregation chart no. 2, assess the effect of overlapping activities by constructing the building in two halves, and introducing another team of steel fixers and joiners just for the walls. For example, once half of the base slab is constructed, other elements (walls, columns, etc) can start on that half while the rest of the slab is being completed. Assume piling and blinding is done as in Gantt chart no. 1 (NOT in two halves).
- Appraise the use of network analysis in the scheduling of construction projects.
- At scheduled completion date on Gantt chart no.1, the basement is found to be only 75% complete. The labour allocation records show a total of 350 man-days have been used so far. Use EVA to assess the metrics and predict final duration and resources in man-days for the basement .
- Appraise the use of EVA in construction projects.
- With respect to the Gantt chart no.1 assembled in the first step, use information given in the attached project brief, and random fields generated in Excel, to propose optimum and pessimistic durations. Assess the progress of the project using PERT analysis, estimate of expected duration and probability of achieving completion two days before this duration.
- Justify the importance of the above analysis and recommend how it can be used with Monte Carlo simulation.
Support your arguments with citations from a variety of sources as required, using the APA format 7th edition (2020) referencing convention. See here for further guidance.
For clarity, the word count starts from the introduction and ends with the conclusion.
Front pages, bibliography etc are not included in the word count.
NOTE: I will need the charts in the next 15 hours for approval. You mus be able to use MS project