knees feel “ hard ” H e a l t h M e d i c a l
- In a 1000-word APA essay – Complete all three of the following SherPath case studies: 1. Cystitis, 2. Prostate Cancer, 3. Osteoarthritis. Include an introduction and conclusion to the essay
Here are three case studies for you to complete this week.
Ms. Vance, age 28 years, has noticed urgency, frequency, and dysuria recently, as well as an unusual odor to the urine. Urinalysis indicated a heavy concentration of Escherichia coli in the urine, some pus, and WBCs. Ms. T was prescribed antibiotics, which she took for the first few days. This seemed to give her relief, but she then stopped taking the medication. Within a few days, the symptoms returned, but she decided to “just live with it.”
- Question 1: Explain why women are predisposed to cystitis.
- Question 2: What preventive measures are important in reducing recurrence?
- Question 3: Discuss other signs and symptoms that may indicate cystitis.
- Question 4: What potential problems may she experience if she does not adhere to the treatment prescribed?
Resources to help you: