initial discussion post 3 – 4 paragraphs H u m a n i t i e s
You are completing an initial discussion post 3–4 paragraphs. I will submit the discussion then I have to reply to 2 classmates 3-4 paragraphs a piece. I will send you their replies once I have submit my initial post.
You can’t convince someone you have value, just as you can’t convince someone to trust you. You have to earn trust by communicating and demonstrating that you share the same values and beliefs” (Sinek, 2009).
Share an ethical dilemma you’ve faced as a leader within an Ethical or within your community.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
- Beddoes-Jones, F. (2014, August), Authentic leadership: The key to building trust. People Management, 44–47.
- Thomas, R. J. (2009, January). The leadership lessons of crucible experiences. Journal of Business Strategy, 30(1), 21–26.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following:
- Describe the ethical dilemma in detail.
- Discuss what actions you took as a leader within the organization or community where the dilemma took place.
- Discuss the outcome of the dilemma and how your decisions shaped others’ perceptions of you.
- Explain how ethical dilemmas can shape others’ perceptions of your trustworthiness.
- Reflect on your ability to understand how trust is developed.
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week’s Learning Resources, as well as other credible resources you have read, or what you have observed and experienced.
General Guidance: Your original post, due by Day 3, will typically be 3 or 4 paragraphs in length, as a general expectation/estimate. Refer to the Week 6 Discussion Rubric for grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use the rubric to assess your work.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 5
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ postings that contain a perspective other than yours.
- Share an insight about what you learned from having read your colleagues’ postings and discuss how and why your colleague’s posting resonated with you professionally and personally. (Note: This may be a great opportunity to help you think about passions you share with your colleagues who could become part of your Walden network.)
- Offer an example from your experience or observation that validates what your colleague discussed.
- Offer specific suggestions that will help your colleague build upon his or her perceptions as a leader.
- Offer further assessment from having read your colleague’s post that could impact a leader’s effectiveness.
- Share how something your colleague discussed changed the way you consider your own leadership qualities.