healthy people 2020 web siteselect leading health indicatorsselect social determinants H e a l t h M e d i c a l
The deliverable is a paper 5–7 pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages.
The body of the paper will be a completed table. You will populate the table with data from a Web site. Respond to the queries that follow to demonstrate how this information from your state can be applied.
The queries that follow will ask you to examine actual data from the Centers for Disease Control regarding a health issue. You will apply the data to formulate thoughts and observations about the population heath data for your state. Based on the 2010 U.S. Census Data, you will compare and contrast the social determinants of health with the 2010 U.S. Census Data from that state. Finally, you will formulate conclusions about the latest data from the social determinants and describe how you will integrate this data and information into your current nursing practice or role.
For this assignment, you will learn some important facts about your state based on the 2010 U.S. Census Data. Access the 2010 U.S. Census Data at this Web site.
- Choose your state.
- Complete this table with data from the site.
- Based on the data you have collected, write 3 thoughts or observations about the population heath data you have reviewed for your state.
- Go to the Healthy People 2020 Web site
- Select Leading Health Indicators
- Select Social Determinants of Health
- Based on the 2010 U.S. Census Data, compare and contrast the social determinants of health with the 2010 U.S. Census Data from your state.
- What are your conclusions about the latest data from the social determinants? (Write 1 or 2 paragraphs.)
- Describe how you will integrate this data and information into your current practice or role. (Write 1 or 2 paragraphs.)
- Use the College of Nursing APA Expectations document for assistance.
Focus an overview on the need for sustainable health change and determine in what target populations interventions will be most effective.
- What kinds of interventions are needed, and when should they be fostered to promote a healthy population?
- Examine how you know where to examine evidence and data to create programs linked to Healthy People 2020 and examine social determinants of health.
- What are social determinants of health, and why do they matter across the lifespan?