electronic nicotine delivery systems prevention chapter 12 W r i t i n g
The curriculum for health education is very vast. In this assignment, you will identify the most important aspects to develop a well-rounded, in-depth approach to a health curriculum. This will enable you to teach health education and apply strategic lesson planning that conveys the importance of health education. When teaching health curriculum, teachers must be mindful and fully aware of the physical, mental and social- emotional development of their unique student population. You will identify a study population to focus upon in this assignment, as well as in other assignments to come in this course.
- Identifyastudentpopulationwhomyoucurrently,mighteventually,orhopetoteach. You will focus on this student population in other assignments throughout the course. NOTE: Use the same chosen student population that you will be using in the Health and Physical Education Portfolio | Part 1 – Class Description.
- At the beginning of each chapter in the Health Education text you will find a list of desired learner outcomes. For each of the following chapters, you will only pick one of the learner outcomes from each of these chapters.
- Chapter 1, Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child
- Chapter 3, Standards-Based Planning, Teaching, and Assessment in HealthEducation
- Chapter 5, Promoting Mental and Emotional Health
- Chapter 6, Promoting Healthy Eating
- Chapter 7, Promoting Physical Activity
- Chapter 9, Promoting Personal Health and Wellness
- Chapter 10, Preventing Intentional Injuries and Violence
- Chapter 11, Tobacco Use and Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems Prevention
- Chapter 12, Alcohol and Other Drug Use Prevention
- Chapter 13, Promoting Sexual Health
- For each chapter write a one-paragraph response to the prompts for the chosen learner outcome as it relates to the student population you selected. Include, in your own words, what strategies you would implement to promote the chosen outcomes?
- From a teacher’s perspective, discuss why it’s important to make health outcomes relevant.
- Provide a specific example, for your selected student population for how you might encounter this outcome in the classroom.
- For instance: While exploring content on mental health, a learning outcome may be about finding healthy ways to exhibit emotion. How would you respond…?