critical race theory social disorganization theory racial heterogeneity stigma social structure marxist theory conflict theory W r i t i n g
Description: For this paper, paper you will examine the ways in which individuals within social groups and institutions have transformed systems of inequality and brought about positive social change. You will need to read the attached paper Part 2 Diversity Variables, and then write an essay answering the questions below regarding the topic discussed in the attached paper.
- Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12pt font
- (1) Read the attached Part 2 Diversity Variables and Social Construct (2) What has been the impact of categories of difference and systemic inequality on individual members of society?What strategies or techniques have been used to counteract privilege and oppression?(3) Discuss the ways in which individuals and groups working within social institutions have transformed structural inequalities into systems of equity and inclusion.
- What positive changes, led by individuals and small groups, have occurred within social institutions to counteract systems of privilege and oppression?
- What institutional strategies or techniques have been employed to bring about these changes?
- Paper should have section headings and be written in the topical order in which they appear on the paper description.
- The use of the following significant terms and/or theories is required. *Terms within the paper must be either italicized, in bold, underlined, or otherwise distinguished in some way for easy identification. Must choose a minimum of 3 terms or theories below.
- Critical Race Theory
- Social Disorganization Theory
- Racial Heterogeneity
- Social Structure
- Marxist Theory
- Conflict Theory
- It is insufficient to simply place terms/theories throughout the paper without connecting them to the topic. Terms and theories may not always need to be defined within the paper. Use discretion to decide whether a definition is warranted.
- Credible sources is required for the paper. Each paper description will contain the number of credible sources that are required. Be sure to include a reference from both of the below narrative essays.
- Zora Neale Hurston’s, “How it Feels to be Colored Me”
- Ta-Nehisi Coates’, “The Paranoid Style of American Policing”
- APA in-text citations and references are required. Avoid plagiarism.
- Page/Length requirements: 1-2 pages
- Avoid frequent use of personal opinions and “I” statements.
- Avoid providing repetitive and/or irrelevant information (i.e., summarizing instead of analyzing).