clinical outpatient healthcare settings H e a l t h M e d i c a l
Develop a PowerPoint Presentation in regard to topic:
Chosen topic: The discriminatory behavior and barriers that nurse practitioners face in clinical outpatient healthcare settings.
- Identify a current research problem related to advanced nursing practice that is of interest to you (topics listed above) Include WHY this is a problem. Develop a research question to provide information about the research problem.
- Based on your research question, do you believe it will best be answered by a qualitative or quantitative study? Support your decision as to why you believe the answers would best be provided by the type of study you have chosen.
- Select a middle-range theory and identify the application of nursing theories to your research problem.
Conduct a literature review.
- Based on your literature review answer the following questions depending on whether it is quantitative or qualitative:
- If qualitative,
- Identify the purpose of the study.
- Briefly, describe the design of the study and explain why you think it is either appropriate or inappropriate to meet the purpose.
- Identify ethical issues related to the study and how they were/were not addressed.
- Identify the sampling method and recruitment strategy that was used.
- Discuss whether sampling and recruitment were appropriate to the aims of the research.
- Identify the data collection method(s) and discuss whether the method(s) is/are appropriate to the aims of the study.
- Identify how the data was analyzed and discuss whether the method(s) of analysis is/are appropriate to the aims of the study.
- Identify four (4) criteria by which the rigor of a qualitative project can be judged.
- Discuss the rigor of this study using the four criteria.?
- Briefly, describe the findings of the study and identify any limitations.
- Use the information that you have gained from your critique of the study to discuss the trustworthiness and applicability of the study. Include in your discussion any implications for the discipline of nursing.
- If quantitative,
- Identify the purpose and design of the study.
- Explain what is meant by ‘blinding’ and ‘randomization’ and discuss how these were addressed in the design of the study.
- Identify ethical issues related to the study and how they were/were not addressed. ?
- Explain the sampling method and the recruitment strategy was used.
- Discuss how the sample size was determined – include in your discussion an explanation of terms used.
- Briefly, outline how the data was collected and identify any data collection instrument(s).
- Define the terms of validity and reliability, and discuss how the validity & reliability of the instruments were/were not addressed in this study and why this is important.
- Outline how the data were analyzed.
- Identify the statistics used and the level of measurement of the data described by each statistical test – include in your discussion an explanation of terms used.
- Briefly, outline the findings and identify any limitations of the study.
- Use the information that you have gained from your critique of the study to briefly discuss the trustworthiness and applicability of the study. Include in your discussion an explanation of the term statistical significance and name the tests of statistical significance used in this study.
- If qualitative,