arrest allied professionals guardians ad litem witness protection counselors L a w
Describe the components of the United States justice system and how they are interrelated
Explain how various types of communication skills are utilized by sworn and civilian criminal justice professionals
- You are a community outreach coordinator at your local law enforcement agency. The department has undertaken an initiative to reach out to diverse populations in your community. There is always a need in your community for support toward becoming a citizen; numerous recent immigrants, resident aliens, and documented immigrants could benefit from a outreach materials that explain how the criminal justice system works in the United States. You have been given the task of creating outreach materials for this initiative. The materials you’ll create for this project are specific to the juvenile justice system or allied professionals; choose just one for the focus of this project.
Your initiative needs professional materials to support it. Create one or more relevant products that address all of the required elements:
Explain how your topic—either the juvenile justice system or allied professionals—relates to the law enforcement branch of the criminal justice system. Include information from one of the main bullets below.
School resource officers
- Juvenile rights
Victim’s rights advocates
- Goodwill ambassadors
Counselors / psychologists
- Community service professionals
- Explain how your topic—either the juvenile justice system or allied professionals—relates to the courts branch of the criminal justice system. Include information from one of the main bullets below.
- Juvenile Justice:
- Restorative justice
- Court process for juveniles
Diversion / alternatives to arrest
- Allied Professionals
- Guardians ad litem
- Witness protection
- Counselors / psychologists
- Explain how your topic—either the juvenile justice system or allied professionals—relates to the corrections branch of the criminal justice system. Include information from one of the main bullets below.
Juvenile parole/probation officers
Separation from adults
- Allied Professionals:
- Mental health counselors
- Food services
- Medical services
Explain how social media relates to communication skills that are important in your topic.
- Who uses social media?
- For what purposes do people use social media?
- Explain how active listening is a communication skill important in your topic.
- Who should use active listening?
Why should active listening be used?
Explain how cultural awareness is an important communication skill in your topic.
Why is cultural awareness important?