apply edited american englishsubmit final draft W r i t i n g
i need an essay and an outline.
This assignment will assess the following Student Learning Outcomes and Core Objectives:
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual and collaborative writing processes (ACGM).
- Develop ideas with appropriate support and attribution (ACGM).
- Read, reflect, and respond critically to a variety of texts (ACGM).
- Teamwork: Ability to consider different points of view and to work effectively with others to support a shared purpose or goal (THECB).
- Personal Responsibility: Ability to connect choices, actions, and consequences to ethical decision-making (THECB).
- Write an essay which demonstrates an understanding and informs or persuades the reader about the essay topic through classification and division.
- Write according to length and format instructions: 750+ words, double spaced with 1-inch margins, and typed in 12pt. font Times New Roman, and MLA Style.
- Conduct research using library catalog and databases.
- Employ a variety of 3 acceptable research sources minimum.
- Document research sources according to MLA standards.
- Actively engage in peer-review sessions and use peers’ feedback, together with my comments, to revise essay.
- Apply Edited American English
- Submit final draft in a properly formatted word document to Moodle Online by the scheduled due date.
In a 5 paragraph essay, students must choose a topic and categorize it and its elements through a common or series standards in order to inform and persuade. The task is to not simply divide the parts of the topic but to explain their importance and significance to the overall idea or product.
(The basic part of the introduction is the thesis statement. The strength of the thesis statement depends on how well it reveals the topic and its classification. It is to justify the specific categories chosen for this classification).
The thesis statement has a very determined logical structure: theme its classification chosen categories (the number of categories is suggested to be limited to three in order not to blur the classification).
For instance: Exchange students can face three benefits: education, experience and cultural exchange.
II. First category (The less important category).
III. Second category
IV. Third category (The most important one and requires brighter examples).
In a good classification essay each category must follow one organizing principle. The categories can be organized on the basis of forming different groups of arguments).
The conclusion is the summary of the analyzed categories and the restatement of the thesis statement.
- Video games
- Reality shows on television
- Methods of studying
- Ways of protecting the environment