alternative approaches could peggy fischer use B u s i n e s s F i n a n c e
Read and study Case 5 carefully.
2. Answer the following question on Page 675 – 676 and Page 679.
The questions on Page 675 – 676 are
1) Is Peter Smith micromanaging Keith Schmidt?
2) What type of conflict are they experiencing?
3) What can an organization do structurally to reduce conflict resulting from role ambiguity?
4) How should Peter Smith react when his advice is not followed by the board?
5) How are the roles of board chairman and an executive director different in an organization such as the MCA?
The questions on Page 679 are
1) What alternative approaches could Peggy Fischer use to collect the unfulfilled pledge?
2) Should Fischer involve the board in further discussions leading to a decision about whether or not to file a lawsuit?
Or should she formulate a recommendation on her own for the board’s next meeting?
3) Do you think the museum should sue the Smiths? Why or why not?
On your essay, you should write up all answers to all these questions together with your logical thought and argument.
Putting a simple answer (ex., Yes, Peter is micromanaging Keith. That is it) to these questions will not give you full credit or score.
You have to elaborate your thoughts coupled with Who, What, When, How, Why, etc. on the basis of information you earn from Case 5 as well as what you have learned from this course.
*Guidelines for Individual Assignments and Case Analysis.
Follow the guideline for all your assignments and report as below, please.
- Do Not put a title, date, course name, my name, your name, ID, major, and department.
- Plagiarism is not allowed and will give you a Zero (0) point.
- Other requirements
1) Font type: Times New Roman
2) Font size: 12
3) Margins: Moderate (Top: 1″, Bottom: 1″, Left: 0.75″, Right: 0.75″)
4) Paragraph: Left alignment
5) Single space: On the WORD tool bar, remove “space before/after paragraph.”
For Individual Assignment, you should write More than 3 sentences, which means at least 4 sentences, on the 4th page.
It does not apply to the case you write up more than 4 pages which means 5 or 6 pages.
If you do not follow this guideline, you will lose 12 out of 25 points for your Individual Assignment, while 5 out of 15 points for your Report of Case Analysis.