19 ptsexemplarymeets assignment guidelines per faculty ’ H e a l t h M e d i c a l
Just like we benefit from going to our well checks with our physicians, organizations benefit from regular evaluations (metrics) of their ‘systems’ too. These quality control measures are necessary to have in place as our healthcare system is ever changing and needs to be consistently adapted to meet the needs of the organization. These are necessary in order to serve their population in an effective and efficient manner.
Create a benchmark plan for healthcare metrics for either your current workplace or one you might serve in as a leader in your future. You do not need to make the graphs – just include the following:
- What is the overall topic of your dashboard? (Length of stay for different diseases or length of procedures, Health status for particular population, etc.) Why is this topic significant for healthcare?
- What data will you plan to collect for this? (specifics of data and how it will be collected)
- Over what time-frame will you collect the data? (month, 6 months, year, etc.) Why did you choose this time-frame?
- Who will be the audience for the presentation of the data? (professional organizations, payers, board of the hospital, practice manager, patients or community, etc.?) Why did you identify them as key stakeholders for this data?
- How would this report card serve as a basis for your performance as a quality-driven leader?
Report Card for Healthcare Metrics Rubric Report Card for Healthcare Metrics Rubric Criteria Ratings Pts Topic for Healthcare Metrics Report Card 20 to >19 ptsExemplaryChooses appropriate metric from a healthcare area. Justifies significance of data chosen for healthcare. Evidences in-depth review of selected topic. Identifies relevant content for inclusion within report card.19 to >17.8 ptsAccomplished17.8 to >16.6 ptsAcceptable16.6 to >15.4 ptsDeveloping15.4 to >0 ptsUnsatisfactory / 20 pts Data selection and Timeline 20 to >19 ptsExemplaryStates key data that should be collected for report card. Summarizes thoroughly how and in what fashion the data will be collected. Develops meaningful strategy for timeline of data collection.19 to >17.8 ptsAccomplished17.8 to >16.6 ptsAcceptable16.6 to >15.4 ptsDeveloping15.4 to >0 ptsUnsatisfactory / 20 pts Audience for presentation of data 20 to >19 ptsExemplaryIdentifies appropriate audience from key stakeholders for data presentation. Applies applicable rationale for selection of audience.19 to >17.8 ptsAccomplished17.8 to >16.6 ptsAcceptable16.6 to >15.4 ptsDeveloping15.4 to >0 ptsUnsatisfactory / 20 pts Analysis for Quality Driven Leader Performance 20 to >19 ptsExemplarySynthesizes information to evidence critical thinking & reflection. Draws logical & original conclusions from analysis.19 to >17.8 ptsAccomplished17.8 to >16.6 ptsAcceptable16.6 to >15.4 ptsDeveloping15.4 to >0 ptsUnsatisfactory / 20 pts Writing mechanics 20 to >19 ptsExemplaryMeets assignment guidelines per faculty’s specific directions for the type of course that students are taking (face-to-face, hybrid, online). Uses appropriate professional terminology. Evidences attention to value and quality of product (organized, comprehensive per assignment criteria, non-repetitive). Communicates clear and meaningful applications to reader audience. Exhibits expected communication skills (clear wording, no grammar errors). Information sources are valid, reliable and cited with accurate APA reference.19 to >17.8 ptsAccomplished17.8 to >16.6 ptsAcceptable16.6 to >15.4 ptsDeveloping15.4 to >0 ptsUnsatisfactory / 20 pts Total Points: 0